Sunday, April 15, 2012

Author Q&A: Courtney Cole


Courtney Cole, author of the YA novel Every Last Kiss (you can find my review here), very kindly allowed me to ask her some questions about her books and herself. Every Last Kiss is an amazing book that mixes history, mythology, and romance into one beautiful story that you won't be able to stop reading.


{ About Every Last Kiss... }

In Every Last Kiss, the Order of the Moirae is interwoven with ancient Egyptian history. Are you into history and mythology? Did you have to do a lot of research?
I find Egyptian history and mythology utterly fascinating. And I did SO. MUCH. RESEARCH. Hours and hours and hours.

Charmian was a real historical figure, right? How did you decide on Charmian for one of Macy’s previous lives?
Charmian was a real person- she was the handmaiden to Cleopatra. And she really died with Cleopatra. I chose her because in addition to always being fascinated with Cleopatra, I needed a pairing- I needed a woman whose life ended tragically who had a strong-willed confidante. You find out more about that in book two, Fated....

What can we look forward to in the next books in the Bloodstone Saga?
The Bloodstone Saga is a complete series. Every Last Kiss, Fated, With My Last Breath and My Tattered Bonds.

Can you tell us about the Moonstone Saga?
Well, it’s sooo much fun to write. It’s a spin-off of the Bloodstone Saga and it’s about the daughter of the goddess of witchcraft and the moon. She’s been cursed by her father to drink mortal blood and souls in order to survive, so she’s a siren/succubus. She’s cursed to kill everyone she loves and after centuries of seclusion, she falls in love with a mortal. Or is he?

Do you have any words of advice for hopeful future authors?
Don’t give up. And write every day.

Any projects in the works you’d like to share?
Ooh- yes. I’m working on a new series called The Minaldi Legacy. It’s about three beautiful brothers who live in Malta. I can’t wait to share the first book!


{ About everything else... }

Do you prefer coffee or tea?
Kona coffee with cream and sugar. LOTS of it.

What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
I’m not a huge ice cream fan, but I do like to pick the cookie dough out of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

If you could travel through time, what time period would you choose to go to?
Ancient Egypt.

I thought you might say that. :) What is the one place in the world you are dying to visit?
Athens, Greece.

What is your favorite quote?
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”-Eleanor Roosevelt My grandma taught me this quote when I was in junior high when I was miserable because of some mean girls. And you know what? Truer words were never spoken.

Can you tell us more about your domestic zoo?
I live in the suburbs, close to Lake Michigan, which I think is one of the most beautiful places in the US. I have a wonderful husband, two ornery teenage boys and a little girl. We have two big dogs, two cats (one is named Cleo-catra because we got her when I was writing Every Last Kiss) and a crawdad. Yes, a crawdad. He lives in the fish tank and eats the fish. It’s been a learning experience.

Thank you, Courtney! :)
Thank you so much for having me! It’s been a pleasure.


Learn more about Courtney Cole and her books at courtneycolewrites.com,
and follow her on Goodreads, Twitter, and Facebook!

Find Every Last Kiss on Goodreads and Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment